The Pinkfong Firm, producer of the worldwide animation sensation Child Shark, has appointed Disney+ animation director David Levy as its first head of studio at subsidiary Pinkfong USA.
- Levy is tasked with heading the event and manufacturing of authentic IP in short-form and long-form content material and can oversee inventive for Pinkfong USA’s co-productions. He will probably be based mostly on the firm’s Los Angeles studio and report back to Pinkfong USA chief content material officer Mariana Lee.
- Levy’s appointment to the newly created function is the most recent step in Pinkfong’s ongoing IP growth. Driving the excessive tide created by Child Shark’s unbelievable success, the corporate is now engaged on diversifying its portfolio and just lately launched Bebefinn on Youtube and Netflix.
- Previous to becoming a member of Pinkfong, Levy was director of animation at Disney+ the place he led the event and manufacturing of authentic short-form collection for Lucasfilm, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Youtube Children. His skilled animation profession started at Nick Jr’s Blue’s Clues, the place he labored as a storyboard artist earlier than advancing to turn out to be a director for the present.
- In a launch, Levy stated: “Pinkfong and Child Shark are among the many most iconic and beloved franchises born out of recent media. YouTube is the place nearly all of youngsters uncover new content material right this moment and Pinkfong has a robust presence there. Pinkfong’s capability to create and distribute authentic IP on their very own sturdy channels and in addition with outdoors streamers and broadcasters is a successful mixture. I’m so excited to affix the crew and look ahead to constructing nice issues collectively.”
- Lee added: “We’re investing aggressively into the subsequent section of progress, leveraging our YouTube channels to incubate new manufacturers. We’re thrilled to have David’s creativity and management as we broaden on our authentic portfolio and discover the brand new frontiers.”